You may be serious about owning a Shih Tzu; the healthiest, happiest, and most behaved; then investing time and money is the key as owning shitzus can be expensive. However, you have many options which will give ideas on how to buy the best at a reasonable price. Searching for shitzu puppies for sale from reliable shitzu breeders or reputable pet shop is one of them.
- You should know the basics on how to feed and take care of your shitzu before buying one in the market. Purchasing a puppy does not only let you spend much, but it will make use of your time. Remember that shitzu puppies are expensive in term of money and in terms of time. They need high-level maintenance and require a lot of your attention. However, you can purchase an adorable and beautiful shitzu at a lower price through a classified ad baring “shitzu puppies for sale.” You can find a lot of this posting in the Internet, local newspapers, yellow pages, or telephone directories for the contact information of those selling puppies.
- Before going to the market for the best shitzu, you should know first the breed of shitzu that you would want to buy: princess, lowchen, Tibetan, or French. This will help narrow down your search to a specific breed that exactly fits your requirements.
- You need not to rush on finding the best puppy to buy. Consider to check the personality or behavior of the dog. Generally, shitzu puppies are very sensitive to their environment, very energetic, and very vulnerable to ailments. They are also very trusting, confident, eager to investigate, outgoing, and very friendly. On the other hand, they would prefer to just sit in your lap and worship you more than anything else.
- Check the physical condition of the shitzu puppy. Other than personality, you need to check his or her mouth, eyes, coat, ears, skin, and movement. See to it that his or her eyes are clear and bright and that the ears are clean. Normally, a shitzu puppy owns bright pink gums.
- It is best that you will house train your shitzu while he or she is still a puppy. The reason here is that shitzus are proud dogs and easily bored, making them one of the most hard to train dogs.
- The best way to increase your chances of finding a well-bred, well-socialized, and healthy shitzu puppy is to purchase from a reliable breeder. Once you have found a breeder with available shitzu puppies for sale, you can now set an appointment to see the puppies yourself. Make sure to verify that the breeder have been registered by the appropriate bodies and asked for a copy of the registration papers of the puppies’ parents.
With the aforementioned tips and points to ponder in buying a shitzu puppy, the next thing you should do is to make them realized. Be cautious. Start your search for shitzu puppies for sale and make the right investment for your pet.